Social networks are no news to contact centers due to their current popularity and widespread use. Today’s businesses are required to establish management methods for these resources and foresee all the different challenges entailed in them.
The first thing to keep in mind is that new generations prefer social networks over any other means to contact companies. They think communication must be brief and immediate, and thus they are more likely to replace phone calls with interactions via applications or websites.
Thanks to their swiftness, services provided over digital media are expected to be personal and expeditious. Some recommendations to communicate effectively through this technology are the following:
- Use simple and conversational language. You can address clients by their first name when exchanging information.
- Become acquainted with audiences. Learn about how they communicate, their interests, and their reviews to map out a specific strategy.
- Train agents to use social networks. They must become knowledgeable about these platforms and how they work to offer valuable assistance.
- Monitor service quality at all times. Record agent screen activity.
- Establish rules. Develop manuals, scripts, and custom templates to guide the staff in charge of your social networks.
- Plan for crises; contents in social media are easy to share and can go viral. Develop a protocol to control and prevent communication crises arising from misunderstandings in a timely manner.
Outstanding results, such as brand loyalty and customer engagement, can be achieved by using social networks correctly and delivering exceptionally good user experiences.
Word of mouth is the most powerful form of advertising. Remember that customers will recommend your business to their friends and family if they are satisfied with your service.
Social networks can also bring these benefits to your contact center:
- Communicate with target audiences directly
- Build strong, lasting customer relationships
- Increase your contact options and distribute the workload on all your channels
- Reach a larger number of people and meet new communication needs
- Promote customer loyalty and create communities
- Improve your online reputation
Social networks must not be seen only as a plus when it comes to customer service, but also as resources that must be managed responsibly and differently from other communication means. Joining the digital platforms, and planning a communication strategy accordingly, is indispensable to companies that want to remain competitive.
Nuxiba has developed software that all multi-channel contact centers need to fulfill the present communication demands. Through our applications, you will be able to add email, chat, or Twitter to your communication channels and offer a broader range of services. This way, you will turn from a call center into a multi-channel services provider.